Fitness and healthy hair works hand in hand

Translate My Page

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Maintain Your Hair During Exercising


A study conducted by the Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center, in Winston-Salem, N.C., suggested that 31% of the 103 African-American women surveyed admitted that they exercise less because it may harm their hairstyle, according to a study released in November, 2007. All of the women studied agreed that it is important to lead a healthy life, which includes exercise. Exercise is especially important because of diabetes, hypertension, and complications due to obesity, including heart disease.


If you are going to the gym or for a run make sure to use an elastic holder covered in cloth and a holder without a metal clasp to avoid ripping your hair.  If your hair is too short to pull back in a pony tail wrap your hair up with a scarf.  Place a sweat band at your hairline to keep sweat out of your eyes. So us naturals and loc wearers we don't have to worry about messing up our hair during exercise :D  

Enjoy the freedom(✿◠‿◠)

6 comments:

  1. i think that's why a lot of us can't swim either. LOL great post. thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1xellus1: Yeah, me for one, I don't know how to swim and didn't want to get my hair wet when I was a permie. Now that I'm older I'm afraid to learn how to swim. Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. also in the same boat as rmcandlelight :) just started adult swimming lessons and struggling to find a swimming cap that can take all my locks in..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gerrylocs: I found this website for extra large swim caps

    http://www.swimcapsbyfran.com/product/1001-XXL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isnt it great that we dont have to worry about our naturals doing the frizz thang. Just brilliant....another reminder of what we certainly arent missing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Nubian1: I certainly agree with you. I wish I would have known years ago :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your comments! I really do appreciate them. Enjoy your freedom (✿◠‿◠)

ShareThis

Related Posts with Thumbnails