Fitness and healthy hair works hand in hand

Translate My Page

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Maintain Your Hair During Exercising

A study conducted by the Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center, in Winston-Salem, N.C., suggested that 31% of the 103 African-American women surveyed admitted that they exercise less because it may harm their hairstyle, according to a study released in November, 2007. All of the women studied agreed that it is important to lead a healthy life, which includes exercise. Exercise is especially important because of diabetes, hypertension, and complications due to obesity, including heart disease.

If you are going to the gym or for a run make sure to use an elastic holder covered in cloth and a holder without a metal clasp to avoid ripping your hair.  If your hair is too short to pull back in a pony tail wrap your hair up with a scarf.  Place a sweat band at your hairline to keep sweat out of your eyes. So us naturals and loc wearers we don't have to worry about messing up our hair during exercise :D  

Enjoy the freedom(✿◠‿◠)


  1. i think that's why a lot of us can't swim either. LOL great post. thanks for sharing

  2. 1xellus1: Yeah, me for one, I don't know how to swim and didn't want to get my hair wet when I was a permie. Now that I'm older I'm afraid to learn how to swim. Yikes!

  3. also in the same boat as rmcandlelight :) just started adult swimming lessons and struggling to find a swimming cap that can take all my locks in..

  4. Gerrylocs: I found this website for extra large swim caps

  5. Isnt it great that we dont have to worry about our naturals doing the frizz thang. Just brilliant....another reminder of what we certainly arent missing!

  6. @Nubian1: I certainly agree with you. I wish I would have known years ago :)


Thanks for all your comments! I really do appreciate them. Enjoy your freedom (✿◠‿◠)


Related Posts with Thumbnails